Saturday, August 27, 2011

Week 5 Day 2 - A complete BUST!

Cute isn't she? Ha! Let me tell you that pushing that little 17 pound girl in a jogging stroller
while trying to run is too much work for me yet! HA! Mckenzie did like every minute of it and me? Well today was quite a bust. I had a lot of cards stacked against me and I would like to say I conquered them but I did not.


The whole house was snoozin away until 7:45 this morning so I woke up figuring that I would just skip running this morning and go later on the treadmill. Trev got up and went and finished painting something he is working on in the garage. I then really wanted to go and run and wanted to do it outside so I decided to give it a go. I have been wanting to jog with the jogging stroller and figured this was a good oppurtunity while 28 pound Bailey was still sleeping and Trev was home. So, I hit the road. I immediately knew it was HOT! I tried to stay in the shadows of the houses but the sun was already too high. So, my first jog began. It was my longest one yet at 8 minutes. I felt ok at first but then my legs were killing me and I felt like I was trying to push a car instead of a stroller. HA! I have learned that for this fat momma if I do not keep shoulders back and stand pretty straight my legs start killing me and things seem harder. I realized I was sort of leaning over to hold onto the stroller with one hand. So now here I am in the middle of my first 8 minute run and I am already dieing! ARRGGHHH...The british lady told me I was half way and that I only had 4 more minutes. I ran for probably 30 more seconds and then I had to walk. I walked for a bit and then jogged and then walked agian and then jogged.


So, I was already devising a plan on how I was going to modify things and survive. This is how I operate. When I decide I can't do something I start thinking of ways to cheat! Anyway, the next run started and I felt pretty good for the first little bit and then MY PHONE BATTERY DIED! Seriously? I didn't learn my lesson the first time? I was so annoyed and walked the rest of the way. I know. Total disappointment. Anyway, at least I still wasn't in my bed but I wasn't exactly jogging. I was pretty far from home at this point so I walked the rest of the way home. When I got home Bailey was awake and outside with Trev and wanted me to take her for a ride too so I circled the block with her. So at least I got some good walking in.


So, I think that on Monday I am going to repeat today and then on Thursday next week I am going to redo week 5. I had really already planned on repeating week 5 in my mind. So, with all of this walking I devised a plan. ONce this freakin' weather is cooler on the days I am not doing the C25k then I am going to take a brisk walk with the kids in the stroller up to the park or something. I really like the program but I feel like on the off days I am sort of a couch potato because the weather is so hot. Anyway, that is my plan. Now, if the weather would just get COOLER! PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment