Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week 3 - Day 2 and thoughts about treadmill

I actually was going to try running on the pavement this day since Trev would be home and I could go early enough in the day while it was cool. I woke up and it was raining! It hasn't rained in like 2 months but it was raining this day. Anyway, I decided to head up to the treadmill instead. It felt really good and I was able to get through all the runs! I was super excited when it was over. Why they are short 3 minute runs that is 3 times longer than the first week! A 1 minute jog seems easy now!

My thoughts on the treadmill: So I have heard some friends say they hate the treadmill and some friends say that they love the treadmill and I have read the debates online. Anyway, here are my thoughts. I think for me and maybe for the beginner fat runner the treadmill is probably a good place to start. It is the middle of summer and over 100 degrees everyday right now so I must say that I have not done a lot of running on the pavement. I think it is harder on my body right now on the pavement. Obviously I am not going to be able to run a 5k in a climate controlled room on a treadmill but I think if you are trying to get into the program and it helps you then it is what you should do. I am going to try to run from time to time in the morning to get used to the idea but once the weather is better I am going to try and always hit the pavement. I think that I might have to backtrack a few weeks but at least maybe I have conditioned myself to stand a better chance of being successful.!

No comments:

Post a Comment