Saturday, August 20, 2011

Week 4 Day 2 - Hitting the Street



Mckenzie was trying to help me out and woke up bright eyed at 6:45. So I figured I better get dressed and hit the pavement before it was 107 degrees. The sun was not too high yet and I was able to stay in the shadows of the houses for part of the way. A benefit of living in cementville! HA! Anyway, I was quite worried about today's run because running on the pavement seems a little more difficult than running on the treadmill to me at this point. However, today I was pleasantly surprised to find that being off the treadmill was quite nice and I was able to make it through all of the runs. Now don't get me wrong it wasn't easy and I wanted to stop running several times but I just pushed through. Also the last 5 minute run I may have been running slower than I could have walked but I was not STOPPING! HA! Anyway, I was happy that I was able to keep about the same pace and distance that I have on the treadmill and I couldn't exactly cheat other than to stop running and that was NOT a option! HA! Anyway, it was a nice little workout and I was home by 7:45! I was hoping to see my route and pace on my route but it said that it lost its GPS signal somewhere and couldn't post the map. Not sure what happened but guess I will check it out next time. Can't wait until Monday....

No comments:

Post a Comment