Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week 2 - First attempt

Day 1 of the second week went great and I felt wonderful. I noticed if I paid attention to my posture and made sure to transition better from walking to running on the treadmill made my knee pretty much not hurt at all! I was feeling on cloud 9!

Day 2: I still don't know quite what was wrong but I felt like I could hardly walk briskly much less jog. I couldn't get through any of the runs and I came home feeling VERY defeated. I told my husband that I was pretty sure that this program was for skinny people on the couch not fat people on the couch! Friends encouraged me to keep moving so I hoped for better luck on Day 3.

Day 3: This day was a little better than day 2 but I still could not complete the runs and I felt like my legs were lead weights. I still felt very discouraged but you rest for 2 days after completing each week so I hoped that 2 days of rest would give me the energy I needed to start again.

The program suggests that if you can not complete a week then you should redo that week. Since I could not get through the runs on Day 2 and 3 I decided to repeat it. At first I felt a little defeated but then also remembered that at least I was moving! This is sort of when I came up with the C25k4FP program in my mind. I figure that with all this extra weight that I might need to repeat some weeks. I actually have since read some blogs of some people who are overweight and one girl spent a whole month on week 6 but at least she was sticking to the program and trying to finish it even if it wasn't in 9 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment