Thursday, September 8, 2011

Week 5 - Day 3 my longest continuos run yet.



If you know anything about the C25k program you know that week 5 and week 6 are sort of a challenge. Up until now the program has been the same each day of the week. however, on week 5 and week 6 they are really building you up to run continuously without walking. Anyway, as most of you know I am now finishing up doing week 5 for the second time. I had such a bad day 2 last week though that I did it twice and skipped day 3. Anyway, on day 3 you are supposed to run continously for 20 minutes. Now the longest I have run so far has been for 8 minutes and I really thought I might die both times! HA! I didn't make it the whole 20 mintues but I think I did pretty good.



First it was a really nice evening. It was a little close to when I had finished dinner but wanted to go before it got dark. I did the 5 minute warm up walk and my legs felt really stiff and I thought I might be in trouble. I knew the lady was going to tell me how much longer I had at every 5 minute interval so I told myself I would be really happy if I could just make it to 10 mintues and then I would let myself walk. The first 5 minutes were rough but I knew that they always are. I got to the 10 minute mark and felt pretty good and decided to keep going! Then I turned the corner and needed to head up a small hill. I made it up the hill but once at the top I felt like my legs were about to just give out so I stopped and walked for a mintue or 2 and then ran the rest of the 20 minutes. So, I think that I made it about 12 mintues without stopping to walk. It is crazy that 7 weeks ago I thought I would die at a minute.



I am really enjoying running on the street now that the weather has cooled off a bit. I hope to enjoy more running on the street and less running on the treadmill. I am going to go ahead and move on to week 6 since it goes back and has you trying to develop longer continuous runs. To do week 5 again seems like I would be going backwards. So onward to WEEK 6!


No comments:

Post a Comment