Friday, September 23, 2011

Can't get my head in the game



I had not jogged since the 5k last saturday. To be honest I have just been so bummed. I mean if I am going to start jogging then lets get going faster! That is all I can think! I just feel so slow and so defeated. I knew it would take me 45 minutes to jog/walk the 5k so I don't know why I am so disappointed but when I read the offical results and saw 47 minutes I thought, "Why didn't I just walk the whole damn thing!" I told Trev I wanted to just throw in the towel and start a walking program or something.






So, I have been making up a lot of excuses not to hit the road this week. Yesterday a cold front came in and it was so beautiful outside so when Trev got home from work I hit the road. I decided to do the 10 minute interval run from Week 6 before I began. However, I was dying during the warm up walk! What? My legs were screaming at me to stop during the WARM-UP walk! That my friends is pathetic. I hoped it would get better but then the running began. I ran for about 5 minutes and I just couldn't take it anymore and then ran/walked off and on before I was finally home. I would have quit sooner but I was too far from home! HA!






So, this is where I am right now. My head is totally out of the game! I need someone/something to kick me back in gear! For now...back to the couch I go.



1 comment:

  1. I'm about a year and a half too late here, but how are things going? I've had several false starts on C25k and made it as far as you on three separate instances before losing my steam. Thanks for documenting your efforts, it was like reading my own diary! I'm just getting started, yet again, and hoping this is the time I finish!

    ReplyDelete