Friday, September 16, 2011

My first 5k - My plan

I have been reading a lot of blogs about people starting to run and a lot of them say their goal at their first 5k was to finish. Now I don't know if they mean finish while running or if they just mean finish but to me that seems like a silly goal. I could easily walk 3 miles so unless I am injured I am pretty sure I will finish. Anyway, my goal is to try in finish in under 45 minutes and to try and run for a total of 25-30 minutes. I am going to run the Couch to 5k week 6 day 2 program on my iphone. on that day it has you run 10 minutes, walk 3 minutes, and then walk 10 minutes and then I will just restart it after that. I know that it is not realistic for me to run the whole thing and I don't want to run so fast in the beginning that I wear myself out and end up walking the last half. so I sort of want to stretch out the running and walking over the entire course. Who wants to come strolling into the finish line? So my plan is to run in 10 minute increments and walk in between. If I find I want to run a little more than walk I can do that too. I know in my mind when I break up the jogging into smaller increments then I worry less about the big picture. So that is my plan. Wish me luck. I am hoping for a nice cool perfect weather morning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment