Monday, September 5, 2011

Week 5 Day 2 - Take 3

This is the weather this week! Can you say BEAUTIFUL! It was 67 degress when I left this morning and it felt wonderful! It was so nice to have thinner air to breath. This was my 3rd time to do the 2 runs at 8 minutes each. I must say that the weather made things seem MUCH easier! I didn't feel like I was going to die. It wasn't necessarily easier but nicer. That is the one thing about being a little fluffy aka fat you have extra insulation. It really is only useful in the winter though. Not so much for summer or for exercising!
It was an awesome run that happend somewhere in the above picture. I don't know why but for some reason Nike Gps keeps telling me it has a weak GPS signal. Anyway, I was at least proud of my pace range. It is usually more from like 13 to 17 mph so glad to see that at least at some point I was moving at a 12 minute mile. I wish the GPS thing would work so I could see my route with pace because at times I feel like I might be walking faster than I can run espcially at the end of the runs.


THis was my total distance and pace. I was strolling the last couple of minutes on the way home but my pace was staying in the upper 13 mph range. Still not real fast but not horrible either. It was super windy. The first 8 minute run I had the wind behind me or was perpendicular to the wind. The second 8 minute run I turned about 1 minute in and started heading into the wind. So, I decided to take a diferent route and was running perpendicular to the wind closer to the houses instead of directly into it. It helped A LOT. Guess that was my way of cheating. Do you think they will let me alter the 5k course? HA! I think this weather is going to give me the extra boost to get further and refocused! Yipee!


No comments:

Post a Comment